As we awoke to another Astros loss 11-1 to the M’s this morning and the continuation of an early season 6-15 death march, many questions run through the minds of all Astro fans.
- Where did our fun-loving, dugout dancing, slightly obnoxious young team go? Did the Mother Ship return for them and dropped off the true team?
- Is Erik Kratz on the team as a backup because he is the only catcher in the universe who hits worse than Jason Castro?
- Is there something wrong with Major League Baseball that they would award three consecutive AL player of the week awards to a team that has not won a week full of games to date?
- Will the 2015 AL Rookie of the Year Carlos Correa win the 2016 Sophomore Jinx Award?
- Is Correa trying to prove he does not belong at SS with error after error?
- Did all those 2015 innings, late season and playoff big pitch counts and last game relief appearances, wear out Cy Young winner Dallas Keuchel?
- Did Bud Selig return to MLB and order that the Astros’ early season schedule be set up to maximize Keuchel’s road starts where he flounders?
- Who killed Manager A.J. Hinch‘s puppy? Well that is how he looks in the dugout.
- Why is Scott Feldman being replaced in the rotation by Chris Devenski when his ERA is basically the same as Keuchel’s and 1 to 3 runs better than Mike Fiers, Doug Fister and Collin McHugh?
- If pitching is 90% of the game (hitting is the other half) – why in the world did we trade in a 2 year 4 month period Jordan Lyles, Jarred Cosart, Nick Tropeano, Andrew Thurman, Mike Foltynewicz, Daniel Mengden, Josh Hader, Adrian Houser, Mark Appel, Vince Velasquez, Brett Oberholtzer, Thomas Eshelman and Dan Straily? Maybe some of them, but all of the them?
- Is there any hitter other than Colby Rasmus, who is better now than when they joined the big club? Maybe George Springer?
- Can the team just impose a moratorium on base stealing?
- Can the base coaches be put through extensive re-training to remember what their jobs are?
- Could the hitters be sent up to bat with some sort of special blinders so they do not realize anyone is on base or in scoring position?
- How did the pitching staff get so old – eight guys 30 years old or older? Oh wait, count up five bullets to the answer.
- Is there any hope? Where is the bottom? Will I wake up and Bobby Ewing will step out of the shower alive?
Please, add your own questions to the list.