This is what we technically call a quickie throwdown post in the unpaid business of fan blogging…
- Is starting pitching the biggest question mark for the Astros’ going forward? You have 35 y.o. Justin Verlander, who threw 242.2 IP in 2018 between playoffs and regular season and has not missed a start this year, who is at 169.2 IP. Charlie Morton (34 y.o.) threw a career-high 167 total IP last season and is at 142.1 IP. Dallas Keuchel (30 years old). Gerrit Cole though only at 27 years old is already at 164.2 IP and Lance McCullers is in the garage with an arm strain. Can this group hold it together or do they need rest that does not seem to be coming with this tight race?
- Where does Framber Valdez fall in your universe of unusual Astros’ names over the years? Somewhere between Mark Lemongello and Bob Aspromonte?
- Can the Astros overcome the double play flu? They are leading the league in grounding into DPs and seem to be doing nothing to avoid these rally killers.
- What is more important to the Astros….having a healthy Jose Altuve or a healthy Carlos Correa or a healthy George Springer?
- Who are you more afraid of: The Seattle Mariners or the Oakland A’s?
- Who is the most important off-season free agent for the Astros to re-sign? Dallas Keuchel? Charlie Morton? Marwin Gonzalez? Brian McCann? Someone else?
- Through Tuesday Alex Bregman is leading the team in runs scored (81) and RBIs (77) and tied for the lead in HRs (24). Will he end up leading the team in any of those categories?
- Would you rather the Astros be playing well at the end of the season but earn a Wild Card, or back into the playoffs as the AL West division winner?
- The Astros have gone to the playoffs in back to back years four times in their past. The last time was when they went to the WS in 2005. Does 2017 give them an edge headed into 2018 playoffs should they make it?
- Where do you see this team on November 1?