And, here we are! The Sports Illustrated Boys are on a roll!
I am amazed at the so-called national media which seems to know nothing about this Astros’ team.
For example, last night on MLB radio, they suggested now that the Astros’ bullpen would have to step up. Perhaps true, but in their mention of players, no one suggested that another tandem may be on the horizon.
No one — read: NO ONE — remembered or otherwise suggested that Charlie Morton could be followed tonight by Collin McHugh. Only that A.J. Hinch would now be forced to use Chris Devenski, Joe Musgrove, Ken Giles, Luke Gregerson and Will Harris.
As we get ready for Game 4, what are the most outlandish national media commentaries you’ve heard during the World Series?
And, do you remember when:
- Many people wanted to remove George Springer from the lead off role?
- Most people lost confidence in Ken Giles?
- Many of you were begging Astros’ managers to move Springer to center and not let him languish in right?
- First base was a problem position for the Astros?
- We were debating whether Max Stassi or Jason Castro or Hank Conger would be the catcher on the next Astros’ playoff team?
- Marwin Gonzalez was a Super Sub?
Let’s play ball! Two more wins! Two more wins!