Perhaps that question above has a definite NO answer for the two certain All-Stars (Jose Altuve and Will Harris) and the one potential addition to the game (George Springer). They all want to stop and enjoy the national acclaim of playing with the best of the best. And truth to tell, I am sure that most of the balance of their team are looking forward to a few days away from the game, heading home or heading out on vacation.
But with the Astros on a tremendous run and not (knock on wood) waiting for someone to come back from the disabled list, the fear may be that they lose their recent mojo over this break.
Since the Astros have topped out at a seven-game winning streak this season, it may not be apparent how hot they are right now. Since the 22nd of May they have been a tremendous 29-11 (28-8 against teams outside the state of Texas). More recently they have won 16 of 20. The four losses in the last three weeks were as follows:
- A 4-2 loss to the Reds in 11 innings
- A 6-1 loss to the Royals that was 1-1 until a seventh inning Fister-Sipp meltdown
- A 7-6 loss to the Chi-Sox
- A 4-1 loss to the Chi-Sox where they were only behind 2-1 heading into the 8th inning
So, basically in the last 20 games, they have won 16 games and had a real shot in all four losses late. You cannot ask for more than that.
So, the questions for you are as follows:
- Are you looking forward to this mid-summer celebration of the National Past time?
- Will you actually watch the game? How about the Home Run Derby?
- Are you afraid the Astros will lose the momentum they have built up over the last 6 weeks during the break?