In the area of sports, ESPN is considered the king, while ESP is often lacking. OK – maybe ESPN is the biggest self-hype organization in the sports arena, but you get the idea. The folks who log into this blog are as knowledgeable as any fans around. So, heading into this season full of such hope for the Houston Astros, this is your chance to make predictions for the coming year.
There are no rules here – you can make your predictions in any area you choose, but the following are some starter questions that you might like to use.
- What will the Astros record be at the end of the season?
- Will they make the playoffs?
- Will they make it to the World Series?
- Will they… (can’t jinx it by saying it here – but you know the next question)?
- Will anyone win a major award (Manager of the year, MVP, Cy Young, ROY)? Who?
- Who will be the biggest surprise on the pitching side? Hitting side?
- Who will lead the team in wins, saves, etc.?
- Who will lead the team in BA, HR, RBIs, etc?
- Who will be the first player brought up from the minors?
- Who will be the biggest disappointment this season?
- Which positions will they have to reinforce during the season?
- Their home attendance went from 1.75 million to 2.15 million from 2014 to 2015. What will it be in 2016?
- Will the sophomore jinx hit Carlos Correa? Lance McCullers Jr.? Preston Tucker?
- Will Tyler White fill the decade long gap at first base?
- Who will improve the most offensively over 2015 – Jason Castro, Luis Valbuena, or Evan Gattis?
- What is the over/under on number of games played for George Springer?
- Are you excited, anxious, afraid or other about the coming season?
So, here is your chance to take your best shot at predictions for the coming season. What do you predict?