Astros 2016: Questions, questions and more questions
The Astros are entering the home stretch of a different type of Spring Training in 2016. They are a team with a much bigger and better base and a lot less questions than previous years, which does not mean there are not some questions to be pondered and answered in the next couple weeks. For you, dear readers here are 10 random questions for you to ponder and answer:
- There has been talk about the Astros pursuing Brewer’s catcher Jonathan Lucroy in a trade. Do you want the Astros to chase Lucroy?
- Is there a position or positions you want the Astros to bolster by trade after seeing their Spring Training performance thus far?
- Should Josh Fields, James Hoyt or Jandel Gustave make the Astros bullpen?
- Is there any doubt that Tyler White should start the season with the Astros?
- Is there any doubt that Jon Singleton has not earned a spot with the team?
- With Lance McCullers Jr. out injured, who should fill the 3,4 and 5 spots in the rotation out of Scott Feldman, Mike Fiers, Doug Fister, Wandy Rodriguez and Michael Feliz?
- If the Astros back slide in 2016, even if from excessive injuries, would you stay the course with Jeff Luhnow and A.J. Hinch or replace one or the other?
- With Max Stassi injured is the Astros backup C, Tyler Heineman, Roberto Pena, someone not yet with the organization or Jason Castro if someone not yet with the organization is Jonathan Lucroy?
- Who makes the team on the bench from the infield – Matt Duffy with a poor .208 BA (but great .970 OPS) or Danny Worth with an uncharacteristic .412 BA / 1.324 OPS or a wild card like Colin Moran with a .350 BA / .882 OPS?
- At least until Evan Gattis returns does Jake Marisnick make the team despite his .138 BA / .408 OPS, due to being able to back up all OF positions?