No, I’m not asking for cash. It is just that I’m on the road writing this one on the fly without access to stats unless I want to log back into WordPress every time I go pull a stat. I do not. So I will go back to a tried and true method, ask my dear friends questions, and let you take the wheel with responses. Here we go!
- Which is more likely to happen – the Astros’ offense regresses to the norm by improving, or the Astros’ pitching reverts to the norm by falling off?
- Is this team a bit like 2005 when the pitching carried the offense the whole year?
- Was 2021 Yuli Gurriel’s late-career swan song, and now he is turning into a corner infielder with no patience and power? (But boy, he sure can scoop ’em at 1st base).
- After hitting a huge 3 run homer, why was Kyle Tucker sitting? Why did Jeremy Pena need to rest the same day? Do kids in their 20s need the same amount of days off as grizzled veterans?
- Have you ever seen a pitcher his age come back from TJ surgery as the force that Justin Verlander has been?
- The biggest pleasant surprise this year is Jeremy Pena or Rafael Montero?
- Does Dusty Baker know what he is doing, or is he lucky? For instance, he lets Martin Maldonado hit in a vital spot late in the game with much better options on the bench, and he clears the bases with a double.
- It feels like the Astros are underperforming their talent but are getting better results than one might expect. Is this just a team whose core knows how to win and ekes it out over teams who have doubts?
I’d really appreciate it if you could help out with these questions.