No, this is not the lovely (sappy) hit song by Bread. This is your chance as a baseball and/or Astro fan to fill in a few “If” scenarios.
- If, I was the lead negotiator for the owners, I would…..
- If, I was the lead negotiator for the players union, I would….
- If, I was headed to Vegas to bet on the exact date the two sides would come to an agreement, I would bet on…..
- If, I could go back in time in my Delorean and transport any former Astro from another season and add him to this year’s squad, I would pick…..
- If, I could take any player back with me from this team to the 1980 Astros team that lost to the Phillies and barely missed the World Series, I would pick…..
- If, I was in charge of deciding what to finally do with the Astrodome, I would decide to…..
- If, I could have lunch with the late owner and entrepreneur Roy Hofheinz, the late announcer Gene Elston or the very much alive Nolan Ryan, I would pick….
- If, I could go back to any game I witnessed in person in the past and re-live that game, I would pick…..
- If, I could pick between the Astros cheating and winning the 2017 World Series or the Astros not cheating and losing the 2017 World Series, I would pick….
- If, I could be a major league ballplayer, the President of the United States or the richest person in the world, I would choose…..
You know the drill – the rest is up to you.