It is time again for you to prove you are the smartest readers in the blogosphere or at least smarter than this writer as you are requested to answer ten questions about the Houston home team.
- To a varying degree, Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman, Carlos Correa and Yuli Gurriel all had poor offensive semi-seasons in 2020. If they all hit closer to their norm in 2021, except one, who would you choose that one to be and why?
2. Let’s say Framber Valdez comes back healthy with plenty of time before the end of the season and the Astros’ rotation is Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers Jr., Jake Odorizzi, Cristian Javier and Jose Urquidy, would you…. a) Put Framber in the bullpen?
b) Put Framber in the rotation and drop who???
c) Go to a 6 man rotation down the stretch?
3. If Justin Verlander comes back at the beginning of September, basically, the same questions as per 2) above….
4. As far as a leadoff hitter goes, would you (for the majority of ABs)…..
a) Put Myles Straw there?
b) Put Carlos Correa there?
c) Force the reluctant Jose Altuve there?
d) Put Alex Bregman there?
5. Let’s say Ryan Pressly misses some time due to an injury. Who would you put in the closer’s role?
6. When the Astros play NL teams in road games – what would you do with Yordan Alvarez to get him ABs?
7. In 2020, the Astros were 9-23 on the road, they were 10-14 in one-run games and they were 2-7 in extra-inning games. Which one of these is the most important area to improve?
8. Between 2019 and 2020 the Astros scoring went down from 5.68 to 4.65 runs/game. At the same time, they went from giving up 3.95 to 4.58 runs/game. Is one of these areas more important for them to improve? Do you think they will improve one, both or neither of these areas?
9. When the 2020 season is over, who will be considered the Astros best starting pitcher?
11. As a bonus – you get to ask a question of me and your fellow commenters.