There are always odd-wad happenings after the first week of a normal season. And this is anything but a normal season. So here is a list of “Who’d Have Thunk It” through Saturday’s games.
- Leading the Astros in wins with 2 is ……Brandon Bielak. Considering he was not on the opening day roster, this is doubly unexpected.
- Tied with Roberto Osuna for the club lead with 1 save is …..Andre Scrubb. Again a non-opening day roster player.
- Tied for most appearances with 4 are ….. Enoli Paredes, Blake Taylor, Cy Sneed and the only expected one…Roberto Osuna.
- Tied for the best ERAs with 0.00 are …..Blake Taylor, Brian Abreu, Nivaldo Rodriguez, Andre Scrubb and Brandon Bailey.
- That Martin Maldonado would have as many or more RBIs (6) as Jose Atuve (6), Alex Bregman (6), and George Springer (5) have hits.
- That Ryan Pressly and Joe Biagini would be tied with 0.2 innings pitched and 13.50 ERA.
- That the lowest OPS of the regulars is Jose Altuve at .646.
- That after the Astros beat the Mariners in three of the first four games of the season, that the M’s would be 1/2 a game back after eight games.
- That you could place a guy on 2nd base with no outs five times in the Astros two extra-inning games and they would only bring a run home once. And (sarcasm font here) it would be when Carlos Correa went the other way with a hit through the right side of the infield.
- That the Astros could use 18 pitchers in the first 8 games of the season.
So, did any of this surprise you or not surprise you at this point?