First of all – Merry Christmas or season’s greetings or whatever floats your boat to all those who hang out here.
So, here are 10 Christmas wishes for the coming season…
- For the Astros to be spraying champagne and proposing to girlfriends after another World Series win next fall.
- For Carlos Correa to play like he did in 2015-2017 for about 155 games in the 2019 season.
- For Josh Reddick to re-find his WWE mojo once again.
- For Michael Brantley to be the “glue” kind of bat that gets on base, knocks in runs, moves runners over and makes the hitters around him better.
- For the front office (or what’s left of it) to have success in adding a few more players to this outstanding team (a starting pitcher and/or catcher would be most welcome).
- For Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole to continue the onslaught on AL hitters they brought in 2018.
- For two or three of the young buck pitchers (Framber Valdez, Josh James, Cionel Perez, Forrest Whitley, Rogelio Armenteros) to prove themselves true major leaguers.
- For Kyle Tucker – if he’s still here – to shake off his bad start (as Alex Bregman and George Springer did before him) and show why he is considered one of the top position prospects in all of baseball. Even if the young man isn’t here – we wish him well.
- For big seasons for under the radar pitchers Collin McHugh and Brad Peacock who have been important rotation and bullpen components the last few seasons.
- For the Astros bullpen to perform as well in the playoffs as they do in the regular season.
- Here’s a bonus wish – for good health all around for this great group of players.
Your turn – what are you wishing for at Christmas time for the Astros and for yourselves.