Here are some random Astro thoughts for today:
- So is Geoff Blum the poster boy for Less is More? His style is a lot less grating than (as Zanuda so aptly named him) Chatty Cathy / Mike Stanton.
- There is something wrong with you if the answer to the next question isn’t “Alex Bregman“. Which Astro do you want hitting in the most crucial situations?
- There is something wrong with you if the answer to the next question isn’t “Almost Any Astro”. Who do you not want giving base running tips to your local little league team?
- It feels like the September 1 call-ups will have more of an effect on the pitching than the hitting side of the team.
- Who bet on this? Bregman with 85 RBIs has a 14 RBI lead over the next highest performer on the team. And the next highest performer on the team (Evan Gattis) is not even playing regularly.
- Who votes for Collin McHugh being given a shot at closing?
- Is Carlos Correa becoming like a previous Astro CC, Cesar Cedeno? Tremendous talent, but may never become transcendent player in his case, due to injuries?
- The Astros are currently 11 games better on the road (47-21) than at home (34-30) – the next closest in the majors are the Mets, which are 4.5 games “better” or in their case less worse. What does it mean? Why is it happening?
- If the season ended today, there is no doubt that the best everyday Astro is Alex Bregman. The best pitcher? Is it Justin Verlander (13-9, 2.72 ERA) or Gerrit Cole (12-5, 2.85 ERA)? This is too tight to call right now.
- Who does A.J. Hinch trust out of the bullpen in a one run game? I don’t mean who will he use, because he uses almost anyone, but who does he feel confident about as he hands that ball over?
What do you, dear readers, think today?