Since we have some of the best and smartest readers in the world (if you were dumb you would be somewhere else), we here at chipalatta are always interested in your opinions. Today, let’s play a quick game of Whatcha Think……
- Will the Astros 2018 hitting be better, worse or the same as 2017? Remember the Astros had the best offense in baseball in 2017.
- Will the Astros 2018 starting pitching be better, worse or the same as 2017? Remember they had Justin Verlander for 5 starts and Gerrit Cole for 0 starts and the guy who started the most games for them in 2017 was Mike Fiers with a 5.22 ERA.
- Will the Astros 2018 relief pitching be better, worse or the same as 2017? Keep in mind that Joe Musgrove, Michael Feliz, Luke Gregerson, and Francisco Liriano are gone and Joe Smith and Hector Rondon have been added. The bullpen could also include former starter Collin McHugh and swing man Brad Peacock.
- Are the Astros, who have had three minor league players put on the suspended list (Jon Singleton, Dean Deetz and Forrest Whitley) being targeted by MLB?
- Will the pace of game rules including limiting the number of mound visits hurt the Astros? Will they actually shorten games?
- How big is the Astros’ window (how many seasons) for competing for the World Series title? Which potential free agent(s) loss(es) would do the most to close that window?
- Who is the biggest AL threat to the Astros in 2018? The Yanks? Indians? Red Sox? Other?
- Who would be the biggest NL threat to the Astros in 2018? The Dodgers? Cubs? Nats? Other?
There are no wrong answers to these questions….yet.