Happy New Years, fellow Chipalots and Chipalettes!!
After a 2017 that fulfilled the wishes of our Astro lifetimes – it is hard to gear up for another run at the big ring. It is just more fun to bask (as Chip so aptly put it) in the warmth of a World Championship season.
But in a positive mode today – what do the fans of the team want the folks connected to their team to resolve for 2018?
Here’s one random list…..
- Owner Jim Crane – Resolve to continue as-is – supporting the front office in their endeavors and opening that wallet as needed.
- GM Jeff Luhnow – Resolve to sign someone (hopefully Jose Altuve) long-term in the next calendar year.
- Jose Altuve – Resolve to continue to be the most hungry superstar in any sport.
- Carlos Correa – Resolve to extend what you did over 100 games to 162 games in 2018
- Ken Giles and Chris Devenski – Learn from rough post seasons but move on from them
- Josh Reddick – Resolve to wear more appropriate celebration gear
- Joe Musgrove – Resolve to carry over that great 2017 you spent in the bullpen
- Alex Bregman – Resolve to continue to be the clutch player you showed in the second half of the season and the playoffs
- George Springer – Resolve to continue to be the heart of a championship team
- Brad Peacock and Charlie Morton – Resolve to hold the high ground that you took last season with career years
- Justin Verlander – Resolve to go undefeated with the Astros in 2018 as you did in 2017 (We can dream can’t we?)
- Dave Hudgens, Brent Strom and other assistant coaches – Resolve to do whatever they did all over again because it worked
- Evan Gattis – Resolve to embrace the role of DH and give the Astros’ offense an extra boost
- Francis Martes – Resolve to follow Dan P and work on that waistline in 2018
OK, your turn. What resolutions do you wish for the folks above or for those players that were not mentioned above?