All Astro fans received their biggest Christmas present early this season as the first in a lifetime gift of a World Series championship came home to roost on November 1st. We at Chipalatta, wish all our fine readers a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
Here are some Christmas matchups from the imagination of your servant, Dan P.
- Mr. Scrooge. Jim Crane – remember that while he started off as one of the stingiest men in the world, by the end of the story he was the one who kept Christmas dear in is heart.
- Tiny Tim. Jose Altuve – A big heart in a tiny body
- Ralphie (from Christmas story). A.J. Hinch – if they would only give him his Red Rider BB gun (Justin Verlander) he would be a happy kid on Christmas
- George Bailey (It’s a Wonderful Life). Brad Peacock – Just when it seemed that his career was over and everything was against him – he stuck it out and figured out how wonderful a life it could be.
- The Grinch. Jeff Luhnow – yes he traded away all of our players and gave us the worst team in baseball for three seasons, but as soon as his heart (payroll) grew three sizes – he gave the citizens of Who(uston) Ville their Christmas back and more
- Scrooge’s nephew Fred. George Springer – Carried the joy of Christmas with him even though he was not rich like his uncle Scrooge (Jim Crane) – relatively speaking
- Mr. Potter. Bud Selig – Just because
- The Ghost of Christmas’ Past. Drayton McLane – What could have been but never was
- Young Santa Claus. Dallas Keuchel – The brown beard and the early physique
- Rudolph. Chris Devenski – Both were not appreciated for their “abnormalities” (red nose/changeup-centric pitching) but proved themselves when really needed.
OK – that is as much work as I want to put in today. Any Christmas characters you want to tie to the Houston Astros?