In times like these, what really matters…
Yeah I’m like so many others in being upset that the Texas Rangers front office is not willing to sacrifice and be inconvenienced in this time of catastrophe in Southeast Texas. But it is time for personal perspective.
I hope the Astros do well. I hope they win the six games against that team to the north, and that playing them and the Mets in Tampa does not hurt their playoff run.
But what really matters:
- We need the rain to stop soon and for a long time.
- We need the levees to hold.
- We need folks to be rescued and brought to safety.
- We need the evacuated to be housed and clothed and fed.
- We need no more deaths or injuries.
- We need the hearts of those who have suffered losses to be healed.
- We need the water to go down and not effect any more houses, people, cars, or pets.
- We need the continued assistance of all the wonderful people within and without this area who have selflessly jumped into the breach.
- We will need help from the sincere as we avoid the shysters who will flood the area to “help” us rebuild this wonderful city.
- We need the continued prayers of everyone.
- And we will need God’s continued blessings today, tomorrow and forever.