Anatomy of a Houston Astros’ streak
Between May 24 and June 26, the Astros have run off an impressive 22-9 streak. A few facts about that run…..
- The Astros are 5-1 in one-run games in those 31 games
- They are 8-3 in extra inning ballgames.
- They are 10-7 on the road
- They are a tough to beat 12-2 at home
- They have outscored their opponents 155-114, which is an average of 5 runs to 3.7 runs
- In their wins only, they have outscored the opponents 136-70, which is basically an average of 6-3
- On May 24th they were 17-28, fifth out of five in their division
- They were 10 Games back of Seattle for the division lead and 7.5 games back of Texas for the second Wild Card
- On June 26 they had charged up to 39-37
- This put them in second place and 10 GB of Texas for the division lead, but only 1.5 GB of Toronto for the second Wild Card
- It should be noted that as strong as the Astros have played in the last month, the Rangers have been an insane 24-8
So, can the Astros maintain their charge? Even though the division seems like a mirage a long way in the distance, the wild card is easily in reach. What do you think?