The Astros Front Office is slowly, but steadily honing the squad down towards the final magic number of 25. Looking ahead, here are some either or questions for your enjoyment and input.
Would you rather:
- The Astros send Jon Singleton back to the minors and possibly absorb ABs that others could use or just let him go and eat the $$ owed to him? (The possibility of him making the big team at this point is too horrific to imagine).
- When Evan Gattis returns the team makes him the full time DH or work him in as a backup C and PH or send him away in a trade?
- They use Ken Giles or Luke Gregerson (if well) as the closer?
- They choose as odd man out for the 5 man rotation – Wandy Rodriguez or Doug Fister or Scott Feldman or Mike Fiers?
- When Lance McCullers Jr returns to the rotation should they make the decision on who to move out based on early season performance or previous seasons performance or money owed?
- They forget about control issues down the road and keep him on the 25 man or let AJ Reed marinate in the Minors for a couple months?
- The front office chase a back up catcher or a LH reliever or stay pat?
- The Astros use their #1 draft pick on a raw high schooler or a more complete college player?