You know the drill. You will be given the option of picking from two appealing or perhaps non-appealing choices relative to the Astros going forward and asked to pick one. Some of these may seem tough, but frankly this is baseball, not Sophie’s Choice, so get over it.
Would you rather the Astros…..
- Sign Colby Rasmus for 3 years /$33 million or Scott Kazmir for 4 years / $60 million?
- Improve next season and miss the playoffs or repeat 2015’s win total and make the playoffs?
- Fill in 1B by trade or free agency or from the minors?
- Trade Collin McHugh or George Springer?
- Trade top prospects for a fireball closer (like Craig Kimbrel) or try to turn Lance McCullers Jr. into a fireball closer?
- Sign Dallas Keuchel to a long term deal or sign Carlos Correa to a long term deal?
- Keep Gary Pettis as the 3rd base coach or bring in a windmill from the local Putt-Putt to take his place?
- Have Scott Feldman or Mark Appel in the rotation next season?
- Trade for a starting catcher or trade for a backup catcher?
- Hit Roughned Odor in the back with a fastball or drop a bunt down the first base line and run over Edinson Volquez trying to field it?