All Things Astros and a whole lot more
Folks, its’ Friday and that can mean only one thing. Okay, two things, maybe three.
The weekend is here, the Astros are home and it’s the beginning of a Free Blog Weekend!
Here are some tidbits for you to chew on as it becomes more clear almost daily that the coronation of Carlos Correa is drawing nigh. The Astros have been in first place since April 19 and are…
Things to watch in Houston over the next week.
1. The Correa Watch. Jeff Luhnow has been in Fresno. The Astros’ brass visited Corpus Christi earlier in the year and promotions and movement followed shortly thereafter. Will Correa be in Houston sooner than expected after a short cameo appearance in Fresno?
2. McCullers. He’s looked like a keeper early on, but can the young rookie prospect keep it together? Keep an eye on his next two starts, beginning with Friday night’s appearance against the White Sox.
3. Jose Altuve. Yes, no one seems concerned, but Altuve needs to begin to break out of his slump in the next several days. Even more important to watch is which player(s) will step up to pick up the slack.
4. Regression. Are we beginning to see the Keuchel and Collin McHugh regression so many spoke of in the off-season? Or is it just a one or two game correction? Even a slight regression by either or both will keep them among the best in the league.
5. Movement. Houston continues to prepare for the draft and will eventually need to make places in the system for some new signees. Generally, organizations will promote in July or so, but the Astros have already begun their movement (McCullers, Preston Tucker) and others could join the “movement” soon.
What will you be watching over the next seven days?