The Astros and Rangers finish up their series in Arlington today. It’s Houston’s sixth game of the season and manager A.J. Hinch rolls out his fifth different lineup.
- Jose Altuve 2B.
- George Springer RF.
- Jed Lowrie SS.
- Luis Valbuena 3B.
- Evan Gattis DH.
- Castro C.
- Colby Rasmus LF.
- Gonzalez 1B.
- Jake Marisnick CF.
Keuchel on the hill.
Some basic notes as the Astros look to win their first series of the year.
- Houston pitchers have allowed only 10 earned runs this year, resulting in the second best ERA in the American League (2.05).
- Will Harris is quietly becoming a nice addition to the bullpen. He made his 18th consecutive scoreless appearance last night, going all the way back to Aug. 19.
- Altuve, Springer and Lowrie are the only players to start all six games of the season.
- Two Scotts — Feldman and Kazmir — are scheduled to start Monday in Houston’s home game against Oakland.
- Two guys with exploding ERAs will be on the mound Tuesday: Asher Wojciechowski (9.00) and Kendall Graveman (18.90) face each other in Game 2.
- In case you were wondering, Keuchel is 2-3 vs. Texas lifetime; 2-1 in 2014.
- With Carter out of today’s lineup, Hinch is using his third cleanup hitter in six games. Valbuena hit .310/.403/.759 in 16 starts there for the Cubs last season. Yet, he hit 7 of his 16 HRs during limited action at that lineup position.