As the Astros’ 2014 season fades away in the rear view mirror like a wreck on the highway and the 2015 season appears full of potential like a mirage on the horizon, here is a multiple choice quiz that combines the serious and the whimsical.
1. If I could only have one – for the 2015 season I would like to see a most improved year from….
a. Jason Castro
b. Matt Dominguez
c. Jonathan Villar
d. Jon Singleton
2. The player most likely to repeat their 2014 success next season….
a. Jose Altuve
b. Dallas Keuchel
c. Collin McHugh
3. If George Springer plays 150 games in 2015 he will hit…..
a. 25 HR
b. 30 HR
c. 35 HR
d. 40 HR
4. AJ Hinch sounds like…
a. A bookkeeper in a Charles Dickens novel
b. A dirt track race car driver
c. A beet farmer on the edge of town
d. Your CPA
5. The minor leaguer I most hope to see with the big club some time in 2015 is….
a. Domingo Santana (I’m not counting his 17 AB disaster from 2014)
b. Joe Sclafani
c. Mark Appel
d. Tony Kemp
e. Other – you name them
6. The TV deal will get done….
a. Before the Rockets’ season starts in November 2014
b. Before the Astros’ season starts in April 2015
c. Sometime before the end of 2015
d. When Beelzebub’s thermometer shows 32 F
7. I’d be extremely worried about my future if my name was….
a. John Mallee
b. Jesus Guzman
c. AJ Hinch
d. Jeff Luhnow
8. The Astros starting CF in 2015 better be….
a. Jake Marisnick
b. George Springer
c. Dexter Fowler
d. Anyone but Dexter Fowler
9. The pitcher who will come out of nowhere to have the best year will be….
a. Brad Peacock
b. Asher Wojciechowski
c. Michael Foltynewicz
d. Josh Fields
10. The most popular give-aways at Minute Maid Park next season will be…
a. The Bud Selig in a retirement home bobble head
b. The Jesse Crain / Sugar Land Skeeter jersey
c. A Jeff Luhnow – tandem pitching calendar
d. Nostalgia Night with the first 10.000 fans getting Shawn Chacon boxing gloves
So go ahead – take a shot at the quiz!