Some basic mid-week questions after a feel-good win in the first game for what’s-that-new-manager’s-name?
- Should we circle the September 1 date on the calendar with a big red marker as the day things changed for the better for the Astros?
- What are the odds that the Tom Lawless–Adam Everett combination gets the Astros’ manager/bench coach job in 2015?
- After the discussion yesterday on the 40-man roster, which of the regulars is most likely to be wearing another uniform next season?
- Jose Altuve is being called “prolific” in some circles. Regarding his play this season, what has been your most pleasant surprise?
- Let’s assume for a moment the Astros go big this off-season. Looking at Tim Dierkes’ current free agent power rankings, which player would make the most difference in an Astros’ lineup?
- Using the rankings from the previous question, which of those players makes the most sense for the Astros? As in, would he play in Houston, are there connections and would the Astros make a good enough pitch?
- The Astros have 23 games remaining. Predict the record down the stretch.
- Of the many things Lawless could try to implement or change over September, what’s the #1 thing you’d like to see?
- Most likely to be in the Astros’ rotation on opening day 2015: Michael Foltynewicz, Mark Appel, Nick Tropeano or Alex White?
- Yes or no? Jeff Luhnow is on the hot seat? If yes, what’s the over/under date for his dismissal?