The Astros have been streaky all season. That same sentiment has transferred to fans and there are more fair-weather fans now than ever before. Even the most seasoned and die-hard fans have their moments of doubt, Astros’ depression or disgust.
To be fair, though, this has been a weird season all around the majors. Oakland has already bought, traditional playoff teams Boston and Philly may be selling soon. How many players out with TJ already in 2014? Replay is now accepted and has been largely uncontroversial.
So here are some questions to kick off you weekend conversation. Dan will be along tomorrow morning with another thought-provoking entry, so check back then.
- The Yankees will be looking to add pitching in light of the Masahiro Tanaka apparent season-ending injury. Would you be open to trading Jarred Cosart, Dallas Keuchel or Scott Feldman if the price was right and you could upgrade the team at shortstop, third base or outfield?
- The A’s gave up some top prospects for a short-term pitching upgrade. Asked the question recently, but wondering if thoughts have changed. Which Top 20 prospects might you give up to get a huge return/upgrade for the major league roster?
- Speaking of prospects, which of the major ones at AAA and AA do you think the Astros might well be advised to sell high on? In other words, have players like Michael Foltynewicz, Domingo Santana, Jonathan Villar, Rudy Owens and others reached their ceiling?
- The calls for Porter’s firings have simmered somewhat since the team’s improvement after a horrid April start. What’s your latest perspective? What’s the biggest gripe about his managerial style?
- Couple of simple, quick questions for your crystal ball. The Astros passed the Rangers in the AL West standing this week. Where do you think they’ll finish in the division? In which position do you think they’ll draft in 2015?
Anything else you’d like to discuss? Let ‘er rip. And be sure to check back early Saturday for Dan’s discussion on the puzzlement of Astros’ baseball!