Today is a simple post from your Astro blogger and counsellor. Please, answer the following and your loyal servant will give you the correct numbers below:
- What are you the most confident about the Astros heading into 2019?
- What doubt or worry rattles around in the back of your brain about your Astros?
- Which Astro prospect are you most looking forward to playing in the majors this year?
- What do you think happens the first time Angel Hernandez umpires an Astros’ game this season?
- The Astros just signed Ryan Pressly and Alex Bregman to an extension. Who should they chase next?
- Are you concerned about any other team unseating the Astros in the AL West? Which one and why?
- Of the major awards – Cy Young, MVP, Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year – who has the best chance of bringing hardware home to the Astros?
- Outside Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole, who will be the Astros next best starting pitcher? Collin McHugh? Brad Peacock? Wade Miley? Framber Valdez? Forrest Whitley?
- Which team is the biggest threat to a World Series championship run for the Astros? Yanks? Red Sox? Indians? Twins? A’s? M’s? Dodgers? Phillies? Nats? Cards? Other?
- Which part of the Astros will perform best in 2019? The offense? The starting pitching? The bullpen?
Thanks for answering these ahead of time…
Dan P’s Answer Sheet
- Very confident that the Astros have the right leader (Justin Verlander) at the head of their pitching staff no matter which five are in the rotation.
- My biggest worry is that Carlos Correa will never quite stay injury free and put up the transcendent numbers he showed he was capable of in 2017.
- I can’t wait to see Mr. Forrest Whitley make his MLB debut, which I believe will be this season.
- Macho Angel tries to squeeze A.J. Hinch’s hand into sawdust when they meet before the game. During their game everyone will be on their best behavior. Oh and Hernandez will blow a few calls like he always does.
- They should try to extend Verlander next and after that George Springer.
- I’m not concerned about any specific team unseating the Astros in 2019 as long as they take care of their own business.
- I think Mr. Bregman will make a pitch for the MVP this year but lose to Mr. $430 MM, and Cole will bring home the CY.
- The next best pitcher for the Astros will be Peacock (unless he doesn’t make the rotation….). How’s that for copping out?
- The Yanks worry me the most this season. The Red Sox are worry 1A.
- The Astros offense will return to the top of the majors. The starting pitching and relievers will be Top 5 each.
OK – now it is your turn.