Maybe Astros should be “out for the rest of the season”
Yep, cynical headline while wondering how many people are actually paying attention.
Left the house when the Astros were down 2-1. When I come back, it was 12-1 and I figured it was in the fifth or sixth. Only a few very random thoughts after watching the debacle of a baseball game tonight in Arlington.
- Maybe Jim Crane has actually done us all a favor by keeping games off television for most of this season.
- If Lucas Harrell wasn’t out of options, I’d drive him to Oklahoma City or maybe Corpus Christi myself.
- If baseball had a AAAA level, Houston could field one of the best teams in that league: Harrell, Wallace, Leblanc, Jimmy Paredes and …
- Would love to be a fly on the wall in Nolan Ryan‘s suite if Reid was in attendance.
- How many base hits does Jose Altuve have on balls that were actually out of the strike zone?
- Be honest: Were you remote-happy during the Astros-Rangers’ game? What were you flipping around to watch? (Maybe Steelers-Redskins?).
- It’s the time of year you hear about players “out for the rest of the season” due to injury (e.g. Marquis, Pujols). I’m guessing you’d like to nominate a couple of Astros to be “out for the rest of the season”.
- Why do the 2013 Astros make me start thinking of the worst-ever country music song titles?
- Yes, Jake Elmore pitched in the minors: all of 4 1/3 innings. Let the move-Elmore-to-the-rotation jokes begin.
- Finally, the Rangers outscored the Steelers 16-13.
And the answers to the stats’ quiz in the last entry: